* No Women in Holy Orders? The Ancient Women Deacons, Canterbury Press, London 2002;
Women Deacons in the Early Church. Historical Texts and Contemporary Debates, Herder & Herder Crossroad, New York 2006;
Japanese Edition, Akashi Shoten, Tokyo 2006;
Vrouwen tot diaken gewijd. Historische feiten en actueel debat, Herne Heeswijk 2006 (Netherlands) and Altiora Averbode 2007 (Belgium).
* THE ORDINATION OF WOMEN IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Unmasking a Cuckoo's Egg Tradition, Darton, Longman & Todd, London 2001, 204 pages; also published in the USA (Continuum 2001), India (Media House 2002);
Het Niet-wijden van Vrouwen in de R.-K. Kerk. Een koekoeksjong in het katholieke nest, Narratio, Gorcum 2002;
Nè Eva, Nemmeno Maria, Lordinazione sacerdotale delle donne nella Chiesa cattolica, Meridiana, Molfetta 2002;
L'Ordination des Femmes dans l'Église Catholique, Chrétiens Autrement, Paris 2006.
* THE GOSPEL OF JOHN AND HlS LETTERS, Michael Glazier, Wilmington, Delaware 1986; Indian edition: St.Paul Publications 1990, 304 pgs.
* THE SPIRIT IN JOHN, Michael Glazier, Wilmington, Delaware 1987, 99 pgs.
* COMMUNICATING THE WORD OF GOD, McCrimmons, Great Wakering 1978, 256 pgs.
Indian edition, TPI, Bangalore 1979; French edition, Lethielleux, Paris 1982; Chinese edition, SBP, Hongkong 1985; Spanish edition, EVD, Estella 1988.
* DID CHRIST RULE OUT WOMEN PRIESTS?, -- the whole book is online! -- McCrimmons, Great Wakering 1977 (2nd edition in 1986), 104 pgs; Indian edition, ATC, Bangalore 1978; Dutch edition, KBS, Brugge 1979.
* DEUTERONOMIUM UIT DE GRONDTEKST VERTAALD EN UITGELEGD (a 360-page commentary on Deuteronomy in Dutch) Romen & Zonen, Roermond 1971.
* THE DRAMATIZATION OF SALVIFIC HISTORY IN THE DEUTERONOMIC SCHOOLS, Oudtestamentische Studien, vol.xvi, Brill, Leiden 1969, 132 pgs.
* VAZAL VAN JAHWEH, Boeken bij de Bijbel, Bosch & Keunig, Baarn 1965, 160 pgs.
* THE FORMULAS OF THE DEUTERONOMIC CREED, Brill, Leiden 1963.
* HOW TO MAKE SENSE OF GOD, Sheed & Ward (USA) and Housetop (UK) 1995.
Won a Catholic Press Association of America award in 1996. Indian edition in 1998. Has been translated into Dutch (Kok, Kampen1999).
* Three biblical study books for parishes and schools:
- MY GALILEE, MY PEOPLE, Housetop 1990, 208 pgs.;
- TOGETHER IN MY NAME, Housetop 1991, 208 pgs.;
- I HAVE NO FAVOURITES, Housetop 1992, 208 pgs.
Local language editions of these books have been published in Finland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Poland, French Canada, Taiwan, Japan, Indonesia, India, Korea, the Philippines, Colombia, the USA (Paulist Press).
* GOD WITHIN US, Collins Fount Original, London 1988, 176 pgs; USA edition: Templegate, Illinois 1990.
* INHERITING THE MASTERS CLOAK, Creative Biblical Spirituality, Ave Maria Press, Notre Dame, Indiana 1985, 191 pgs.
Indian Edition, ATC, Bangalore 1986; Chinese edition, Taipei 1987; Philippino edition, Divine Word Publications, Manila 1987. Won a Catholic Press Association Award for Best Adult Spiritual Reading (1986).
* COME AND SEE, Scripture, the witness of saints and mystics, and a life of prayer show the way, Ave Maria Press, Notre Dame Indiana 1981 (2 printings totalling 26,000 copies), 176 pgs.
Indian edition, TPI, Bangalore 1981 (3 prints, 15,000 copies); Chinese edition, Hong Kong 1984; Philippino edition, Divine Word Publications, Manila 1987; Dutch edition, Unistad, Antwerp 1991.
* READING GODS WORD TO OTHERS, ATC, Bangalore 1973, 104 pgs; McCrimmons, Great Wakering 1981; Dutch edition, KBS, Boxtel 1974.
* GODS WORD TO ISRAEL, A Treatise on the Historicity of the Old Testament, Theological Publications India, Ranchi 1971 (3 editions).
* BACKGROUND TO THE GOSPELS, St. Pauls Publications, New Delhi 1970; enlarged edition by TPI, Bangalore 1978, 344 pgs. (in India 8 printings totalling 30,000 copies).
UK edition, McCrimmons, Great Wakering 1979 (3 printings); Indian local language editions in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannnada and Hindi; USA edition, Servant Publications, Ann Arbor 1980; Pakistan edition (Urdu), Rawlpindi 1992.
* AMRUTHA. What the Pope's man found out about the Law of Nature, Author House 2011. More information here.
* Film Script for JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF LOVE, a 2 1/2 hour TV film about two young people who are seeking God in a secular world.
The Film has won three international awards: the Grand Prix at the Catholic Film Festival in Warsaw (1995), a Bronze Award at the Film Fest Houston (May 1997) and the prestigious Chris Award at the Columbus Film Festival (October 1997).
* FOR THE SAKE OF HIS PEOPLE (novel), McCrimmons, Great Wakering 1990, 219 pgs.
* Scripts for nine 30-minute short stories for the educational WALKING ON WATER Video Series (1990-1992).
The original stories were filmed in the UK, Colombia, Indonesia, Brazil, and Kenya. Twelve language editions have since been produced in various countries: Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, English, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish.
One of the stories, RESPECTING GODS IMAGE, won a Certificate of Merit at the International OCIC Video Festival in Driebergen (1993).
* Script for JESUS CHRIST, A Pictorial Life of Christ in the Amar Chitra Katha Illustrated Biographies series, India Book House, Bombay 1980, 96 pgs.
The English has seen many reprints. Other Indian language editions in Gujarati, Hindi, Kannara, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Telugu and Tamil. Lugandan edition, Jinja Uganda 1983.
* THE BLACK FISH MYSTERY, short story, under the pseudonym of Neville Wilder, P. Noordhoff N.V.-Groningen 1955, 36 pp.
* Women Bishops? Views in the Roman Catholic Church, Official and Otherwise, in WOMEN AND THE EPISCOPATE, ed. James Rigney & Mark Chapman, Continuum, New York 2007 (to appear shortly).
* Reincarnazione Pragmatica, in RELIGIONI E SETTE NEL MONDO, GRIS, Bologna 1997.
* God in My Bones, in UPDATING GOD, ed by W. Schwartz, Marshall Pickering, Basignstoke 1988.
* How the Bible says it, in CATHOLIC DIGEST. FAVORITE STORIES OF FIFTY YEARS, ed by H. Lexau, Ignatius Press, San Francisco 1986.
* On Planning Scripture Studies, in AT THE HEART OF THE CHURCH, Catholic Charismatic Renewal Vth International Leaders Conference 1984, Rome 1984.
* Wayfarers in a New Age (with P. Dirven), in MISSION IN DIALOGUE, ed by M.Motte and J.R.Lang, Orbis Books, Maryknoll 1981.
* The Ministry of Women and Social Myth, in NEW MINISTRIES IN INDIA, ed. D.S. Amalorpavadass, NBCLC, Bangalore 1977.
* God - Reality beyond Language, in DEVELOPMENT OF PERSONALITY, ed. R.H. Lesser, All Indian Association for Christian Higher Education, Delhi 1976, pp. 119-138.
* Christian Radiance, in MISSION SPIRITUALITY ed. C. Srambical, Sat Prachar Press, Indore 1976, pp.52-69.
* The Integration into Scripture of Originally non-Jewish Religious Literature, in RESEARCH SEMINAR ON NON-BIBLICAL SCRIPTURES, ed by D.S.Amalorpavadass, NBCLC, Bangalore 1975.
* Witness of the Spirit in Evangelisation, in SERVICE AND SALVATION, Papers of the Nagpur Theological Conference on Evangelisation, ed. D.S. Amalorpavadass, Bangalore TPI 1973.
* Apostolate among Muslims, in LIGHT AND LIFE WE SEEK TO SHARE, Papers of the All India Consultation on Evangelization, Patna 1973.
* Will Consultation Increase our Efficiency? in CHURCH IN INDIA TODAY, CBCI, New Delhi 1969.
GOD AND OUR NEW SELVES, Catholics for a Changing Church, London 2006, 18 pp.
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, Catholic Truth Society, London 1998, 88 pp.
THE SEVEN CIRCLES OF PRAYER, McCrimmon, Great Wakering 1987, 46 pp.
JESUS FOR EVER. FACT AND FAITH, Catholic Truth Society, London 1987; Indian edition by St. Pauls , Bombay 1987.
GANDHI, Stichting Getuigenis, Eindhoven 1985, 34 p.
HOW TO BE A PEACEMAKER, Catholic Truth Society, London 1985, 24 pp.
HOW EXCITING IS WONDER, Catholic Enquiry Centre, London 1984, 16 pp.
JOURNEY INTO THE UNKNOWN, Catholic Enquiry Centre, London 1984, 16 pp.
FACE TO FACE WITH WHOM?, Catholic Enquiry Centre, London 1984, 16 pp.
THE BREATH THAT IS ME, Catholic Enquiry Centre, London 1984, 16 pp.
THE TOUCH OF TENDERNESS, Catholic Enquiry Centre, London 1984, 24 pp.
OBJECTIONS TO THE GOSPELS, Catholic Truth Society, London 1981, 14 pp. Separate editions published in Malaysia and in South Africa. Also published in North India in Urdu 1983. Reprinted by C.T.S as CAN WE TRUST THE GOSPELS?, 1985.
WHAT IS BIBLICAL SPIRITUALITY?, Catholic Truth Society, London 1979, 32 pp.; also published by the Liturgical Catechetical Institute Geroka, Papua New Guinea 1978; Chinese, Hong Kong 1978, translated by L. Liu and Mark Chen.
* BRATHUKU BAATA, Meditations on Old Testament Laws, translated into Telegu by P. Innayya and G. Balthazar, published by Amruthavani, Secunderabad 1978, 198 pp.
MUKTI MARGAMU, Course for adult catechumens, written in Telegu with the help of students of St. John Seminary, Amruthavani, Hyderabad 1976, 394 pp.
CHRISTS IDEA ABOUT AUTHORITY, Meditations on Scripture. Amruthavani, Hyderabad 1975, 67 pp.
CHRIST FOR ANDHRA, Amruthavani, Hyderabad 1975, 16 pp.
PASTORAL COUNCILS IN INDIA, CBCI Centre, Delhi 1975, 54 pp
THE BIG MOVE, Discovery Series No. 1, Hyderabad 1975, 40 pp.
GOD OR NO GOD?, Discovery Series No.2, Hyderabad 1975, 40 pp.
THINKING ABOUT GOD, Lecturers Guide for God or no God? Hyderabad 1975, 72 pp.
THE DISCOVERY SERIES, Documentation on Religious Topics for College Students, Lecturers Guide, Hyderabad 1973, 20 pp.
NEW PRIORITIIES IN ANDHRA: COMMUNICATIONS, Amruthavani, Secunderabad 1971, 19 pp.
WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM SECULAR EFFICIENCY?, Thoughts for Those Engaged in the Apostolate, St. Paul Publications, New Delhi 1969, 100 pp.
VOCATIONS IN ANDHRA, Nagendra Press, Hyderabad 1967, 60 pp.
See also: Articles in magazines and newspapers
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church.
Dear visitor, you are welcome to use our material. However: building up and maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but find it difficult to pay our overheads. Please, become a Friend or support us with a donation. Also, as some of you recommended to us, we are exploring how to generate income by advertising. Please, support us in this effort and send us your suggestions.
Visit our new websites: